Saturday, February 11, 2012

My New Friend "Rose"


So... this is kind of a funny story...
I went with my brother-in-law, Tyler, to drop him off at UVU.  Now usually on Tuesday's I take my sister's car to go pick up Ally Best... and then Ally and I go to our class at BYU.  Tyler's car exploded so it's a little more difficult for me to get to school now.  I was very grateful this day that I was able to use my sister Melissa's car.  
This isn't there car... and actually that isn't their awesome child either ...  that is Jayden our nephew.
This is kind of like their car... except it has been hit a lot...
Anyway... on to the real point of this story.  I was a little early picking up Ally.  It seems that every time I am early someone needs my help.  The last time a guy came up to me and needed help jumping his car... so of course I helped.  This day was a little different though...

(Think of the tune from "The Fresh Prince of Bel-air")

Now this is the story all about how
My day got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll  tell you all about a crazy lady who wasn't all there

In west American Fork I was born and raised
School and workin' is where I spend most of my days
Chillin' out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all sittin' in the car outside UVU
When a crazy homeless lady, she was approachin' my hood
Needed a lift to Little Ceasers, seein' if I could
I thought of killer hitchhikers and I was scared
I said, "Hop in and I'll take you all the way up there!"

I hoped I wouldn't get stabbed, a judgemental fear
Told me of her "tests" while I adjusted the car mirror
If anything I could say this lady was weird
But I thought really?, judging others, yo Chad you should care

I pulled up to the place about 3:38
And I said to the lady "Yo, Rose see you later!"
Thought of God's Kingdom, and said a quick prayer
Can't be judgin' others and expect to get there

So I learned a lot from this experience.  Though I was late picking up Ally... and we were late to class... Rose needed my help...
"Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee."

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Chad. I don't think I could be so brave as too take a stranger somewhere. Thanks for your example:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If God lead Nephi to murder Laben, then who knows where he might be leading a homeless lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic! Hahaha, what an awesome way to tell your story. ;)

    ReplyDelete