Saturday, January 7, 2012

PEOPLE WATCHING

Have you ever had the time to just experience the world around you? On a college campus with everyone running around with their busy schedules it can be hard. But in a few short hours I was able to graduate with a major in “Campus Wildlife.”
My thesis... People Watching...


You see while sitting on the grass minding my own business I noticed something... and I'm not just talking about the random boy and girl that were flirting with each other. What I noticed was:
  • A kid with roller blades... and snow skiis... though we had no snow... hmm...
  • A guy reading his scriptures... and at a closer glance he was praying
  • I even noticed a girl passed out on the lawn... probably a Freshman... I mean it was only day 3 of college.
  • And with all these students hard at work... I then heard something... the BYU Carillon Bell Tower playing “Come, Come Ye Saints.” 


    At first I thought this was kind of ironic because I had just seen a girl passed out on the grass... and the lyrics came into my mind, “And should we die before our journey's through. All is well! All is well!”
But with all the craziness going on in these students lives as well as my own I then thought, “Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?... Why should we think to earn a great reward if we now shun the fight?” Ya life is hard sometimes... and we want to give up and still expect the same reward in the end... but do you know what? “All is well! All is well!” Life is good! God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I love this Chad! It reminds me of the time I tool Jayden and Kaylie outside one evening this summer and had them just "listen" to the world around us. It was amazing what things we heard. Thanks for sharing your insight!

    ReplyDelete